Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Reflection

This semester I had a stressful but fun time creating my 2D car racing game. I chose this game as I love playing these sort of games on the computer and they bring back lots of childhood memories from when I used to play them in my kitchen on my home computer After creating around 75% of the game on my home computer my computer froze and I lost all of my work. After having a mini heart attack I proceeded to use my brothers laptop to start over and make my game from scratch again. This was stressful and I ended up staying up all night trying to catch up on what I lost.  For my game I followed one set of tutorials to create the actual game play and one other tutorial to create the exit button in the game. I designed the track in the game and i also designed the menu screen both using an art program called Gimp.  I added two different music tracks to the menu screen and to the game play. At the beginning of creating the game I set up the screen size 480 x 800 so it would be able to be played on android devices however when my game was finished I realised that I did not have any android devices to test it on so I was unable to transfer my game to android in the end. I would like to continue with this game and enable it to be played on android once an android device comes into the house.
There was a lot of interesting games on show today in college and it was interesting to see everyone's different games. My favorite game was Ross' game. I found it very unique and fun to play. I liked his script and i enjoyed playing it as there was no other games really like his.
Also thanks to Shaun for his help throughout the semester he is a great lecturer.

No comments:

Post a Comment