Sunday, October 14, 2018

Feedback Strategies

Feedback Strategies 

In the articles I read I mainly learned how to give feedback without sounding like a jerk. Its hard to give feedback to someone who you feel is superior to you or older than you and in reading Adam Grants article " How to give feedback without sounding like a jerk" he explains all this expertly.  I took many positive tips from this article like when he says you should first tell the person you are giving advine to why you are giving them that advice. Be nice and don't come across as if you know it all, take yourself off any pedestal. You should ask the person if they even want any feedback as they may not. This simple article is a quick read and has many top tips.
"Why do managers avoid giving praise" by Jack Zenger and Joseph Folkman stood out for me in this list of articles as I work in retail and my father is my boss. As you would imagine I do have it easy in work and I also kind of get an inside look on how he praises staff. In a survey 21% of managers avoid giving negative feedback and i can see this in my work as my Dad is a very nice guy and rarely gives out to staff or gives negative feedback. I believe he should give feedback where it is important to allow the staff to understand where they went right/wrong and how they can perform better the next time. It is important so that the staff can do their job as best as possible. I really enjoyed reading this article as I could relate to it! 


Giving and Receiving feedback. Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment