Sunday, October 14, 2018

Game Idea Research

Game idea research.

So after some tough decision making I have decided to go with a completely different idea and research more on a very popular arcade game. I do not know the official name for this game so I will call it air hockey. The game looks like this and i plan to make it an online game. 



I think this game would be more fun to play than my original ideas and I am going to go for this game.  Now I will outline some game mechanics:

Game mechanics:

1. Reactions:  The players must use their reactions to hit the saucer away and protect their goal. If your reactions are not fast the opponent will score a goal.

2. Precision: In order to hit the saucer and send it in the direction you want you must hit the saucer with your puck in the precise location so it goes where you want it to. When the saucer is coming at you fast from your opponent both reaction speed and precision come in to play. The player with the better set of skills will prevail!

3.Customisation: I plan to allow the user to be able to choose the color of the table, the puck and the saucer at the main menu. This allows the player to choose his/her favourite colors and makes the game a bit more fun. You could also play 2 player with your friend using the keyboard or by yourself against the computer.


Here is a link to a website that has a game similar to the one i want to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment