Saturday, October 6, 2018

Feedback thoughts.

Feedback thoughts

The first article i read was 'seven ways to crush doubt in creative work' by John Spencer and I have to say I learned a lot from this article. I am a worry'er and overall nervous person so when i am doing work and others can see it i'm always worrying of what they think of my work. I learned that you should never ever compare yourself to anyone else. We were all made differently and no one is the same on this planet. I learned that you should adapt a growth mindset and to not be afraid to make mistakes. Mistakes make you learn so it is okay to make them as long as you learn from them. The most important piece of advice for me in this article is to trust yourself. Sometimes a bit of self confidence is all you need and sometimes you must have faith in yourself and as Nike says, 'just do it'!

In the second article i read called 'A fixed mindset could be holding you back- heres how to change it' by Ann Arnold and Anna Kelsey-Sugg  the article says how always praising little children could actually make them turn out to be brittle, fragile children. This leads to a fixed mindset for the child. Raising a child telling them that they are brilliant at everything leads them to believe that they dont need to develop any more skills. Someone with a growth mindset believes that intelligence and ability is changeable and that you can develop and learn. This can have the same effect on adults in work. Someone may think that they know it all and wont work to develop their skills and this may lead them to not getting that promotion or that new job ahead of someone else who worked hard to develop their skills.

I really enjoyed reading these articles and took some tips for myself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment