Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week 8 reading and writing

Week 8 reading and writing


So we are half way through the blogs for this semester and it's crazy to think how fast time has gone by. I remember sitting down on my computer at home getting ready to write my first blog with nervous excitement. 'Am i a blogger now' I thought to myself and I typed out my first few words introducing myself to Shaun and the rest of the class. At the start I wasn't completely confident in writing or how to engage the reader or how I should even be writing, but fast forward a couple of months and I feel more confident now. My spelling has massively improved, (before I had to look up some words on google to make sure I was spelling them right) I am getting more consistent in using capital I's and I feel like my typing speed has improved, practice makes perfect! From the beginning I loved the freedom and flexibility that Shaun has given us to write our blogs before the Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday deadline's. Overall I think that the reading and writing assignments are working well for me because they allow me to take my time when writing them to write good quality text. I enjoy writing and expressing myself and I feel that it helps with your spelling and sentence structure. So far my faveourite blog has been either the very first one where I introduced myself or the game design blog. In the game design blog I discussed what really is a game and different definitions for it. I included bullet points on what makes a game a game anf so on. Over the last while I have been using a new strategie to help me write my blogs better and help me get the best information for my blogs. Whilst reading the blogs I have been jotting down notes and bullet points on a notepad beside me and then when I am writing my blog I use the notes to write key points whilst also looking at the readings. I feel that my biggest accomplishment in this class is making time for myself to write blogs.  I am usually a last minuite kind of guy but this year I am allowing much more time for myself to do work and get things done.

I chose this image to put into this blog as it kind of represents my childhood, not all of it just a part of it lol. When I was younger and growing up the PlayStation was my main toy I used to play with with my friends and brother. I started off with the PlayStation 1 which I received for Christmas one year and then swiftly moved on to the PlayStation 2. I enjoyed playing games such as fifa and crash bandicoot with my brother and there was always fierce battles. Moving through to playstation 3 which I still have today and the console that I play on now is the , you guessed it, PlayStation 7. Only joking, PlayStation 4.  My faveourite game at the moment is The very popular Fortnite which is the biggest most popular game this year. With the playststion 5 supposedly coming out next year I’ll be sure to buy it and continue the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment