Thursday, November 29, 2018

Unity Free Tutorials

Unity free tutorials

As the weeks go by I would like to believe that I am getting somewhat better at using the Unity software to create my game. At first it was honestly so confusing and there was so much to learn about it but I feel like I am improving, slowly but surely. The most difficult part of Unity in my opinion is the c#, It sometimes doesn't work and can be a bit tedious.
The first tutorial I followed and done was this one


 by Jimmy Vegas himself and it was on how to create a basic scoreboard for your game. As I am creating a game that involves score counting I thought this tutorial would be a good one to do.
This tutorial went well for me as it was easy enough to follow and the result was a basic scoreboard. 
The code opened up mono develop and after a few attempts it worked for me.

The second tutorial I followed was the first episode of a series on how to make an air hockey game
This tutorial started at the very start assuming that you are a beginner using unity. I really enjoyed this tutorial as it was easy to follow and the guy talking was clear and explained everything well. He went through some coding at the start which I completed well. I enjoyed the freedom from our lecturer this week to allow us to find tutorials to follow that were specific to our game.



No comments:

Post a Comment